Thursday, March 29, 2012

Is Waiting a Trial?

I was writing a small group lesson on James chapter 1 this week. James 1:2 (ESV) says, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds." The trials of life are coming. If you are not in a trial now, you can be sure you will be in the future. God uses trials to test our faith. James says that we should count trials as joy! We can and should have joy through our trials. Why, you ask.

God is intimately aware of the trials we face. Some of the trials He has designed and every other trial He has allowed. God is using them all to conform us to the image of His Son (to make us look like Jesus on the inside and outside).

Right now, I am going through a time of waiting on God. If He doesn't come through, I'm sunk. This is a great time of faith building in my life.

My question: Is waiting on God a trial? Vote in the poll below and then sound off in the comments section.

Is Waiting on God a Trial? 


2 comments:

  1. Jim I think waiting is a trial. God is asking us "Do you trust Me? Do you really believe that I am sufficient for whatever you need?" And while we know the answer is always yes, sometimes we act like we are aren't sure. I think God uses waiting to remind us that He has everything under control. I may not like it, it may not come as fast as I like, may not even be what I thought I was waiting for...but ultimatley it is exactly what I needed. And once again I am reminded who really is my provider, defender, savior and dearest friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your line of thought. Thanks for the input Allen!

      Delete